The sites below are not listed in any particular order and mainly refer to various aspects of military history. External links open in a new window.
Military history and militaria-related sites
- The Gentleman's Military Interest Club at www.gmic.co.uk is an excellent English-language forum for militaria collectors who enjoy civilised discussion. It includes various sub-sections and is used by many highly knowledgeable collectors and authors, who provide a wealth of information on militaria and military history from all eras and most regions of the world.
- Chris Boonzaier presents an astonishing and ever-growing range of articles on bravery awards, mainly covering the Imperial German Iron Cross, at http://www.kaiserscross.com/. Visit the site to read about the men behind the awards.
- Dave Danner's military awards site contains a useful overview of the Imperial German pre-1918 states and their awards at http://home.att.net/~david.danner/militaria/states.htm. It offers brief descriptions of the the kingdoms, principalities, grand duchies, duchies and city states and their orders and decorations.
- Glenn Jewison's excellent and constantly growing site on the Austro-Hungarian Land Forces 1848-1918 at http://austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/ provides a wealth of information on the history, units, commanders, campaigns and awards of Germany's ally in World War One.
- Visit the Great War Forum to discuss all aspects of the Western Front from 1914 to 1918.
- The parent of this military document reference and collection site at www.zeltbahn.net looks at German Zeltbahn shelter quarters and related camouflaged equipment from 1892 until the present day. It features descriptions of the basic types and variants, German and related camouflage patterns, Zeltbahn shelter quarters in use as ponchos, shelters and tents and a gallery section.
Copyright © 2003-2007 David Gregory